FRAGRANCE GIFTS – PERFECT FOR ‘HARD TO PLEASE’ PEOPLE!
Sometimes, finding the ideal gift can be a a pretty challenging task. From your brother (who already has everything) to your hard-to-please best friend, it’s often difficult knowing what to get the people you love. There are some safe options, such as chocolates, a book, or flowers but these can just get boring, year after year.
Behold the Perfume gift set! The Ideal gift for that hard to please person. Often, people don’t think to buy themselves fragrance, so it feels like a wonderfully indulgent treat. Here’s a useful guide to help you find the perfect fragrance gift sets for your loved ones.
FRAGRANCE GIFTS – GENERAL RULES
- Have a little background knowledge on their tastes. It can be a bit risky to completely leap into the unknown; unless you know that they’re up for trying out new things. If you’re not totally sure, purchase a smaller bottle of perfume, and combine it with something else to create the perfect fragrance gift set of your own.
- Go for quality. This doesn’t mean having to spend a fortune, but it does mean not purchasing a knock-off version down the market. Choose a reputable online perfume-maker like ALT. Fragrances, who produce high quality ‘inspired by’ designer perfumes, minus the dreadful price-tag.
- Get the scent right. Some fragrances are suitable for outdoors types. While other fragrances may be ideal for those who love fresh out of the shower type scents. Perfume gift sets for her will usually feature floral or fruit-based ingredients, while perfume gift sets for him are often wood or spice-dominated. What's important is that in the set there is a fragrance for every type of occasion.
THE PERFUME GIFTS FOR HER – WHAT SCENT?
Subtly find out what sort of fragrances your wife, girlfriend, mother or sister likes. Usually, feminine scents fall into one of these categories:
- Floral – with ingredients like jasmine blossom, lavender or ylang ylang
- Sensual – with ingredients like musk, rose, amber and cedarwood
- Fruity – with ingredients like Sicilian lemon, orange, bergamot, pineapple or apple
- Unusual – with ingredients like pink pepper or cinnamon
Think about when she’ll wear the perfume too. For example, if she’s likely to apply it for work, then upbeat, invigorating scents are probably better. But if she prefers wearing fragrance in the evening, a more sensual perfume might be a good choice. If there is an upcoming vacation, you may want to go for something like ALT.'s Just Porto!
FRAGRANCE GIFTS FOR HIM?
If you’re buying for the man in your life (or a close friend), then it’s useful to know that male fragrances usually come under one of these categories:
- Exotic – with ingredients like coconut, oud oil or pepper
- Masculine – with ingredients like leather, tobacco or cedarwood
- Fruity – with ingredients like bergamot, lime and lemon
- Sensual – with ingredients like oud oil, tonka bean and ambergris
Again, consider when he’ll wear the fragrance. Some of the scents are far more suited for evening wear, while others are designed to be worn during the day at work!
PERFUME GIFTS AT ALT. FRAGRANCES
At ALT. We like to consider our fragrances a gift that keeps giving (And by giving we mean Saving.) Even after the one you love has finished their fragrances they'll be able to purchase another fragrance (maybe even for you as gift) for a fraction of the cost they were used to payin! We’ve got a variety of fragrance gifts inspired by some of the best fragrances in the world! One of our most popular fragrances are our Executive Inspired by Aventus!
Remember that you can also get creative and add a fragrance to your own ‘gift pack’. Buy an attractive wicker basket and fill it with indulgent goodies, including the recipient’s favorite designer-inspired scent!
If you’re not sure which fragrance is right for your loved one or friend, we recommend purchasing a few 5ml samples. They provide the perfect opportunity to sample the scents without committing to purchase a larger bottle.
Fragrances are one of the best gifts to give someone. They show real thought; particularly if they’re inspired by a fragrance that you know they’ll adore.
ALT. Fragrances have a wide range of colognes and perfumes on offer; with all of them taking their inspiration from the world’s famously-known designer scents. If you’re not sure which one to choose as a gift, have a browse through the website today. There, you’ll find fragrances that pay homage to Aventus, Black Orchid, Oud Wood, and much more.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.